The Woodlands Series
Precision Forged Round Pin Heat Sink
80 X 80 X 10.0 mm
Features and Benefits
- Designed for medium- to high-airflow environment (200-1000 LFM, or 1.0-5.0 m/sec)
- Forged from highly conductive pure aluminum (240 W/m-K)
- Low pressure drop (improving downstream velocity and temperature fields)
- Overall height can be customized (without increasing cost)
- Secondary operation available (to modify shape, add holes, eliminate or shorten certain pins, etc.)
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Cost effective
Thermal Performance Curve
Mechanical and Thermal Specifications
|θSA (200 LFM)||0.30||°C/W|
|θSA (400 LFM)||0.21||°C/W|
|θSA (600 LFM)||0.18||°C/W|
|θSA (800 LFM)||0.15||°C/W|
Thermal Interface Material and Attachment Method
- S805 series is designed to work with many attachment methods, including captive screws, push pins and double-sided thermal tapes.
- Captive screws (made of stainless steel) provide the most secure attachment and are recommended for large and heavy heat sinks.
- Push pins (made of spring steel or nylon) provide a convenient way to install heat sinks to printed circuit boards.
- We recommend using double-sided thermal tapes, thermal epoxy or mechanical clips to attach this heat sink to device.
- We recommend Chomerics T412 or 3M 8810 as the double-sided thermal tapes.
What is the thermal resistance (θSA)?
What will be the base temperature?
* The computation is based on the interpolation of experimental or simulation data, and the result is for reference only.
What will be the junction temperature?